We are currently looking on behalf of one of our important clients for a Software Engineer in Test. The role is a permanent position based in Bern Canton & comes with good home office allowance.
• Develop, extend & maintain automated test frameworks for Embedded Software, Mobile Applications & Cloud Applications.
• Create abstraction layers between tests & devices under test.
• Design, enhance & build up Electro-Mechanical test benches.
• Collaborate with software test engineers & a software test manager on automation topics.
• Ensure the qualified status & safe operation of automated test frameworks.
• At least 2 years of professional experience as a Software Engineer (more than 5 years of experience is preferred).
• Ideally a good knowledge of Java, or otherwise competent in C++ or C# along with the motivation to become proficient in Java & Spring frameworks.
• Some exposure in the area of Software Testing, ideally including experience in Test Automation & Testing Embedded Software, Mobile Applications & Cloud Applications.
• Skilled in tools such as Maven, Spring, Git, Cucumber, Appium & Selenium etc...
• Familiar with Software Best Practices such as Clean code, SOLID & Design Patterns.
• A good knowledge of at least one Scripting Language, preferably Python.
• Ideally familiarity with DevOps, particularly CI/CD pipelines & Azure DevOps.
• Preferably experienced in Microcontroller Platforms & able to read & understand HW schematics.
• Ideally experienced in both Windows & Linux OS.
• Any experience in a Highly Regulated Environments (IEC 62304, GAMO etc..) is a considered a plus.
• Completed University Degree in Computer Science or similar.
• Ideally an ISTQB Certified Software Tester.
• Self-motivated, collaborative & very good communication skills.
• Very proficient in English (spoken & written), any German language skills are considered a plus.
If you wish to apply, please send us your resume in Word or PDF format.
You can also register on our website which will allow you to receive other exclusive and confidential job offers.