We are currently looking on behalf of one of our important clients for a macOS System Specialist (80-100%). This role is a permanent position based in Basel Canton.
• Hold the primary technical responsibility in the team for all macOS based systems & potentially hold deputy responsibility for Linux based systems.
• Manage the operation & support client life-cycle on a hardware & software level, & also in specialized instances relating to servers.
• Oversee the technical management of centrally dispersed distribution technologies for macOS-based systems with process responsibility (OS / SW deployment, patching, client delivery).
• Carry out the technical support of IT setups with subject-specific software in scientific environments: device control / laboratories, libraries & training rooms.
• Advise & support users & cooperate with central IT service providers.
• Partake in project collaboration & the management of IT projects in the above mentioned areas.
• Previous professional experience in a similar role.
• Broad & up-to-date IT know-how under macOS.
• Familiar with Directory Services (AD / LDAP) in heterogeneous environments.
• Advanced scripting skills (Python, Perl, etc.) & able to apply them to achieve effective automation.
• Good knowledge & practical experience of project & service management methods (PRINCE2, ITIL).
• Accustomed to documenting in a clear & structured fashion.
• Completed University Degree in the field of Computer Science, ideally to Master’s level.
• An excellent communicator, service-oriented, transparent & a team-player.
• Self-driven, reliable & structured even during difficult project phases & when working to tight dead-lines.
• Highly motivated to continuously further develop.
• Fluent German & English (spoken & written).
If you wish to apply, please send us your resume in Word format with some references.
You can also register on our website which will allow you to receive other exclusive and confidential job offers.