We are currently looking on behalf of one of our important clients for a Linux & Windows Systems Engineer. This role is permanent position based in Fribourg Canton.
• Hold responsibility for building, running & managing highly available Windows (40%) & Linux (60%) servers.
• Configure & support virtual systems (VMware).
• Maintain & monitor services (web, DB, connectivity) & applications (marketplace, data center & customer applications).
• Maintain servers, network components & monitoring systems.
• Ensure system availability through preventive maintenance of the entire system stack.
• Solid experience in setting up, running & managing Linux & Windows servers.
• Experienced in large complex server environments.
• In-depth knowledge of web servers (IIS, NGINX, Apache) & database servers (MSSQL).
• Experienced in load balancing, proxy, caching & message bus.
• Good VMware Vsphere skills & experience.
• Experienced in dealing with malfunctions & on-call service.
• Completed IT-specific education.
• Customer-oriented, reliable. precise, independent & calm in hectic situations.
• Pragmatic, solution-oriented, committed & able to understand quickly.
• A team-player, curious & always willing to learn.
• Willing to ensure the availability of critical systems outside of normal working hours.
• Fluent German & English (spoken & written), & ideally able to understand Swiss German.
If you wish to apply, please send us your resume in Word format with some references.
You can also register on our website which will allow you to receive other exclusive and confidential job offers.