We are currently looking on behalf of one of our important clients for a Linux System Engineer. This role is permanent position based in Zurich Canton.
• Plan, install, operate & further development IT services for operational use.
• Ensure availability of all responsible systems & locate & limit disruptions, including initiating & implementing the necessary measures in 3rd level support.
• Test, accept & introduce hardware & software applications.
• Create & maintain documentation for the systems to be supported.
• Contribute to the implementation of internal & external IT projects, possibly also in conjunction with occasional foreign assignments.
• Work in an international team of specialists.
• At least 2 years professional experience in the operation & maintenance of complex IT infrastructures.
• Very good Linux (CentOS), server infrastructure & VMware vSphere expertise.
• Network know-how is an advantage.
• Experience IT projects is considered a plus.
• Completed apprenticeship as a computer scientist (EFZ) with a focus on systems engineering or IT training (NDS, HF, FH).
• Highly self-driven & able to naturally assume responsibility.
• Interdisciplinary thinking & team-oriented.
• Fluent German & English (spoken & written).
If you wish to apply, please send us your resume in Word format with some references.
You can also register on our website which will allow you to receive other exclusive and confidential job offers.