My client, a pioneer in the field of Pharmaceutics and Biotechnolgy is looking to appoint a Formulation Scientist. You will contribute your expertise in the design and timely delivery of novel solid oral drug products. Alongside managing the developing of all formulation activities, you will also support and coach fellow team members to develop your scientific team. Your successful contribution to the overall Technical R& D will be your primary goal.
- To design, plan, perform, interpret and report results of scientific formulation experiments for the preparation and timely delivery of solid oral drug products incl. GMP manufacturing.
- Lead and manage all formulation activities, support & coach team members, participate in scientific teams and contribute to the overall Technical Research and Development strategies and goals.
- As member of scientific teams within Technical Research and Development you will insure that high quality products are developed applying state of the art technologies, risk analysis and QbD methodologies.
- To achieve robust formulations and processes through optimization, scale-up and validation work and provision of the required documentation to allow worldwide registration.
- You will be working in multidisciplinary network organization and international teams and representing Pharmaceutical Development in external collaborations, which results in a wide range of scientific and strategic tasks.
- In this environment, facilitation, coaching and coordination skills are key to achieve sustainable performance.
- The development of new processing technologies and supervision of scientific projects are further options within this position.
Key Performance Indicator(s)
- Interdisciplinary thinking and interest in collaboration with other functions.
- Excellent scientific leadership skills.
- Excellent knowledge of laboratory and/or technical tools (eg QbD, statistical software, PAT).
- Broad and profound understanding of development activities and processes in pharmaceutical sciences.
- Strong knowledge of relevant GLP, GMP regulations and policies.
- Successfully demonstrated track record of creativity and problem solving in projects.
- Strong presentation skills and scientific/technical writing skills.
- Excellent communication skills, organizational, planning and negotiation skills. Advanced coaching skills.Minimum requirementsThe ideal candidate will have a Master or PhD with focus on pharmaceutical sciences and technology (eg Pharmacy, Chemistry).
- Minimum 5+ years of successful industry experience in the development of pharmaceutical formulations (ideally oral dosage forms, solid understanding of QbD and biopharmaceutics).
- We expect a candidate to communicate fluently in English. German and/or French desired.
Please send CVs or call.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This is a Contract position.